TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Exam Syllabus 2020 2021 | TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Syllabus and Exam Pattern are given on this page. So, candidates who are searching for the TANGEDCO Syllabus 2020 they can collect full PDF on this page. TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Syllabus plays a prominent role in any exam preparation. Without having TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) syllabus and Exam pattern nobody can know which subjects to prepare for the examination. You can check all details of TANGEDCO Syllabus here. Are you looking for the free download? Then go through this section.
TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Selection Process:
The Selection Procedure of the Exam will be as follows:
(i) Applying for the post through online and attending the Physical Test and Written Examination is not a guarantee for appointment or selection to the post.
(ii) All candidates including the candidates sponsored by the Employment Exchange, those who have completed ITI apprenticeship training in TANGEDCO/ TANTRANSCO/ TNEB and open market upon their eligibility as per qualification, age and other criteria have to apply through ONLINE to appear in the Physical Test.
(iii) The details of Physical Test to be conducted is provided as Annexure- II
(iv) After Certificate verification and physical test, the candidates who passed the Physical test alone will be permitted to appear in the Competitive Written Examination and the candidates who do not pass the Certificate verification and Physical test will not be permitted to appear in the Competitive Written Examination and further selection process. The competitive written examination shall be of objective type questions.
(v) After verification of the original certificates, physical test and written examination, the eligible candidates will be selected as per eligibility, merit of the marks in Competitive Written Examination and rule of reservation (respective turn in the Communal roster).)
- Provided that, when a candidate earmarked in the communal roster against the vacancy reserved for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Class Muslims or General Turn or in the case of priority or preferential Quota, found to be ineligible or not joined, such turn shall be filled from the respective category and in accordance to the merit of marks.
- Provided also that, the candidates must have full eligibility and such candidates appointed shall be placed below all the candidates earmarked in the communal roster.
- Provided also that, even thereafter if the vacancy remains unfilled due to nonavailability of candidates, the process stated under (v)a and (v)b above may be repeated until the vacancy is filled or until there is no availability of required eligible candidates or as decided by the Competent Authority at that point of time.
(vi) Provided other things being equal among candidates, preference for selection will be given to apprenticeship holders who have undergone apprenticeship training in TANGEDCO/TANTRANSCO/TNEB (prior to the date of notification).
Scheme Of Written Examination (Objective Type):
|Name of the Post||Duration of the EXAMINATION||Syllabi|
|Field Assistant (Trainee)||2 Hours||The Question paper will have three parts. Part I, Part II and Part III. The questions will be of Objective type and will be set at ITI level.|
OMR EXAMINATION: The question paper for OMR BASED EXAMINATION will be of Objective type in the ITI level and it will be in English as well as in Tamil.
C) QUESTIONS AND EVALUATION SCHEME:
|Sl. No||Type||No. of Questions||No. of alternative answers||Max mark for correct answer||Max marks||Negative mark for every wrong answer|
– To use blue or black ink Ball Point Pen only.
– Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in Pencil.
– The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box for Booklet Series is not shaded and could not be identified even by physical verification of the answer sheet.
– Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
– Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer.
- D) SYLLABUS:
The syllabus is available in TANGEDCO website as Annexure-I.
|Subject (OMR Examination)||Duration||Maximum marks|
|1.||Part – I General Tamil and General English||20 items/marks||2 hours||100|
|2.||Part – II Aptitude & Mental Ability Test||20 items/marks|
|3.||Part – III Subject oriented||60 items/ marks|
- E) RANKING METHODOLOGY: The following methodology will be followed for arriving ranking for Direct Recruitment to the post of Field Assistant (Trainee) :-
- Ranking will be based on the merit of marks obtained by the candidates in the OMR Examination.
- If more than one candidate have scored same marks then the candidates with the lesser wrong answer will be placed higher in the ranking. The questions which were left unanswered will not be taken into account as wrong answer.
- In case, if one or more candidates having same marks and with same number of wrong answer, then the candidate who is senior as per his/her date of birth will be placed higher in the rank. 4. In case, if one or more candidates having same marks, with same number of wrong answer and also with same date of birth, then the candidate who have submitted online application earlier will be placed higher in the ranking.
- Even after the above if one or more candidates having equal footing then ranking will be arrived as per the alphabetical order of names.
S.S.L.C. Standard (Objective Type)
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix and Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund and Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb and Object.) Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective and Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective and Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound and Complex Sentence)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb and Gerund+Noun)
APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Conversion of information to data Collection, compilation and presentation of data Tables, graphs, diagrams Analytical interpretation of data Simplification –Percentage Highest Common Factor (HCF) Lowest Common Multiple (LCM) Ratio and Proportion Simple interest Compound interest Time and Work Logical Reasoning – Puzzles Visual Reasoning Number Series.
FIELD ASSISTANT (ITI – Electrician/Wireman)
- Basic Safety introduction – Personal protection – Elementary First Aid.
- Fundamental of electricity. Electron theory-free, Electron – Fundamental terms, definitions, units & effects of electric current
- Properties of conductors, insulators and semi-conductors. Types of wires & cables standard wire gauge.
- Ohm’s Law, Simple electrical Circuits and problems. Kirchoff’s Laws and applications, Wheatstone bridge principle.
- Routine care & maintenance of Batteries. Electric Wirings, I.E. rules, Types of wirings. Earthing.
- Wiring System – PVC, concealed system. Fuses, Relays, Miniature circuit breakers (MCB), ELCB, etc.
- Working principle of Transformer. Classification C.T., P.T. Instrument. Type of Cooling for transformer, Protective Devices.
- Electrical Measuring Instruments-Types – Ammeter, Voltmeter, Multimeter, Wattmeter, P.F.Meter & Energy Meter.
- Induction Motor – Single phase, Three phase working principle. Construction, characteristics. Transformer Winding.
- Generation sources of energy, Types of fuels, Various ways of electrical power generation.
- Introduction of Single phase, three phase- 3 wire system in transmission lines. Overhead Lines. Main components of overhead lines. Standard Conductor materials, line supports, insulators, types of insulators. Under Ground Cable – Construction of cables.
- Distribution of Power – Function and equipment used in Sub-Station. Classification of Distribution System. Circuit Breakers – Introduction & classification of Circuit Breakers. Lightning arrestors.
PHYSICAL TEST FOR THE POST OF FIELD ASSISTANT (TRAINEE)
i) The Physical Test shall contain 3 activities as detailed below:-
a) Activity – i
POLE CLIMBING AND CROSS ARM FIXING – The candidate has to properly wear the belt rope, have to climb the 9 meters PSC pole (ie., 30 feet pole) and have to carry along with him one end of rope in which the other end will be kept tied with 3 – phase cross arm. The candidate has to fix the wooden support for foot rest, have to tie the belt rope with the pole for safety purpose and have to fix the 3 – Phase Cross Arm at the top of the pole securely and he should have to safely climb down. The Cross Arm should be fixed around one feet from the top of the pole. The above process should be completed within 8 minutes in one chance.
b) Activity – ii
Plaiting of rope with AAAC 7/3.15 mm conductor, marking and fixing the conductor on creeper, binding and fixing in the HT Disc and inserting the M.Pin. The number of rotations to be made while binding should not be less than 20 rounds. The above process should be completed within 2 minutes in one chance.
c) Activity – iii
i) The candidate has to successfully Lift and Carry 3 Nos. of 3 1/2 feet V-Cross Arm (around 35 kg) for a distance of 100 meters in one minute in one chance without putting the weight down.
ii) Those who have not properly tied the belt rope will not be allowed for further participation in the physical test and such candidates will be deemed to be considered as failed in the physical test.
iii) The candidates should not use any device for climbing the pole.
iv) The candidate who successfully completes the first activity alone will be permitted for second activity and those who completes first and second activity alone will be permitted for third activity.
v) The candidates who have passed all the above activities alone will be permitted to appear in the Competitive Written Examination for further selection process.
vi) No points or marks or priority will be given in the written examination based on the performance in the above physical activities.
vii) No exemption will be provided to woman or Differently Abled Persons or any other persons who are unable to (or) refuse to perform the physical test and such candidates will be deemed to be considered as failed in the physical test.
TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Syllabus PDF Download:
Here TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Syllabus is provided for the candidates preparing for Exam. Candidates those who have applied for TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Recruitment 2020 can use this syllabus helps you to give your best in the Field Assistant (Trainee) Exam. The TANGEDCO Syllabus topics mentioned below. The standard syllabus for TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Exam is
Click Here for TANGEDCO Field Assistant (Trainee) Syllabus PDF Download